Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween...snow!

Well, Halloween is all but canceled in Connecticut this year :(  I'm bummed thinking about all the little kids who won't be going out in their costumes tonight because of downed power lines.  The entire city I live in with my husband is in pitch blackness.  My office is closed until further notice.  I'm fortunate enough to have parents who didn't lose anything, so I'm mooching off their internet and electricity, hot water and cooking, until ours is back on.  It may be a week before the power is adequately back on.  Last time they said that, it was three days...but I have a feeling we won't be as lucky this time.

But we're lucky to have what we do.  Granted, a few days without power, internet, and Netflix won't be as convenient as we'd like.  And my husband, the video gamer, God love him, is preparing himself for the boredom that is impending (although he does have a charged Nintendo DS).  But we can survive.  And at least we can get heat and food at my parents' house.  Some people don't even have that.  So I'm counting my blessings today (and trying to ignore the baby fits that some of the people on my FB friends' list are throwing right now over the power failure), and planning on spending the day doing my best to keep warm.  I'm also right in the middle of Antonia Frasier's Marie Antoinette: The Journey and I LOVE it, so there's that to look forward to!

I hope all my friends in New England are doing okay today!

No comments:

Post a Comment