Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wildfire: Eleven days to go!

I'm going to my first Wildfire Retreat next weekend in Ashford, CT, and though I could not be more excited for it, I am nervous and feel like there is still way too much left to do!  (Such as find coverage for that Monday...).  A whole weekend of spinning classes, training, performing, etc. is making me jump out of my skin.  Tonight I'm going with David to visit some friends of ours, the same two that got us into fire spinning in the first place, just to some practicing (unlit, since it gets dark so late these days).  They're preparing us for what the weekend is going to entail and what we need to bring.

Before Wildfire, I still have to obtain the following:

- A tent (we might be borrowing one from our friends -- must find that out soon)
- Mattress pad or air mattress (might be able to borrow from our parents)
- Bug spray
- Flashlight
- Two canteens or other drinking containers

David is off tomorrow and Thursday, so he said that he would go procure anything we don't have at that point.  Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow if we can borrow the tent, or if we have to buy one.

The final class list is out, and these are the following classes that I am (hopefully) going to be taking during Wildfire:

Poi for the Complete Beginner OR Beginning Hoop (I haven't decided and probably won't until that day)
Introductory Fire Fans
Intro to Fan Tech
Fan Choreography
Fan Figures: Spinning with Shapes
How to Spin to Music

Can you see why I can't wait now?  Eleven more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment