Friday, May 20, 2011

A FO foiled, and a new bag

By rights, I should have had a FO to show you today.  I have finally finished the stupid pair of Noro Silk Garden Socks.  Unfortunately, as soon as I finished the second sock, I realized that I have somehow misplaced the first sock.  Fail.  They were meant as a gift, too.  So I figure I'll be spending the better part of the weekend tearing the house apart in search of that sock.

I bought myself a new bag this week.  I've been admiring Vera Bradley for awhile (my future SIL has a few beautiful pieces) and I decided to pick up a sale piece for myself.  It's the Vera Bradley Villager and I bought it in the "Sittin' in a Tree" motif, which is now discontinued, but you can still get it through the website.


I LOVE this bag.  Very soft, very big, tons of space.  It holds pretty much everything I need to carry on a regular basis, and it slings over my shoulder comfortably (and stays there).


Inside (try not to judge): Knitting, The Tudors DVDs, a paper book (The Birth of Venus), Kindle, wallet, cold medication (I've been sick all week), and that's not even looking in the pockets, which are also full.  Good stuff, right here.

I'm also working on a number of baby hats, as I said before.  There are still three new babies coming into the world this summer, and all will be kitted out with new hats.  I have one (a girl's cap) finished already.  The other two babies' sexes haven't been determined yet, so I am making them of unisex colors (and stashbusting at the same time).

I leave you with this last picture -- a little Eye Candy for Friday.  I received a pretty pink plant as a "thank you" from someone at the church, and it's been flourishing!  The started baby cap is next to it -- still have a long way to go, but it's a start!


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment