Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FO: Baby Boy's Striped Knit Hat

As I've said before...this was truly the year of knitting baby hats.  But I can safely say that I am DONE, finally done...at least until another friend has a baby.

Behold...the last baby hat.


...For now.

Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Worsted (60% pima cotton, 40% Modal natural beech fiber) in Serrano, White, and French Blue (less than one ball of each).

Needles: Susan Bates US 4 dpns, set of 4.

Pattern: My own, traditional striped baby hat, 72 stitches on US 4's. 

Size: (Hopefully) 6 mos. - 1 yr.

This hat is very late, considering that the bundle of joy (a boy, born to David's cousin and his wife) was born back in early June.  But a baby boy doesn't need a hat in the hot New York summer, so I sized it a little big in the hopes that it would work in the very cold winters that we on the Eastern seaboard are known for.  And since his parents are Red Sox fans, I did the hat in Red Sox (and patriotic!) colors.
I try to attach the hang tag on all my knit objects, particularly ones that are being mailed, so the recipients know how to care for them.  It's an idea that I got from Grumperina's knit blog, and I hope she doesn't mind me copying her.



(Last names censored to protect the innocent...and the not-so-innocent.)

This hat is on its way to New York today.  And I'm going to be very content to work on some socks from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment