Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My own little room

When David and I moved into our current apartment (a 3-bedroom), we didn't really have current plans for that spare space.  We thought maybe it would be a baby room eventually, but without plans to start TTC right now, the room kind of fell by the wayside and became a junk room.  After cleaning the whole apartment top-to-bottom (with the exception of the den/David's "game room"), I decided I'd had enough of our having a junk room, and decided to repossess it as a craft room/den for me!

The results?


It's a START.  The walls are so white and desperately need some pictures or artwork or something on them.  And as David said when he came home yesterday, the floor could really use a rug or something to brighten it up.  But the room is definitely coming together, and at last I have a quiet little space for curling up and watching Law and Order: SVU or The Tudors while I knit.

The ottoman is actually a little $5 wire rack I bought for containing bathroom essentials while I was in college, which doesn't fit in our bathroom now.  I plopped a throw pillow on it and now it makes a great footstool!


This chair is one of the two white armchairs that my parents gave us when they upgraded their living room.  In a desperate attempt to keep black cat hair off it and cover up any unsightly rips, I threw two blankets on it.  The one on the back is the embroidered Irish throw that David's grandmother's "gentleman friend" (she refuses to call him her BF) gave us for our wedding.  The aqua and white quilt was a gift from my aunt Cathi for my wedding shower.  To the left is an old bench I found on the curb one day, which is covered up by the Red Sox blanket to again cover up any unsightly rips (my cats won't use a scratching post, but they LOOOOVE furniture).


My little bookshelf!  The top shelf has all of my knitting books, my pattern binder, and a binder of my articles from my undergraduate Journalism degree.  *confetti*.  The bottom shelf holds a box of needles that my grandmother gave me, and that creepy looking thing is a ball winder.  Next to that is my work basket, which holds my WIPs (Works In Progress).

I used my father's old antique desk as an entertainment center, that has a TV and a DVD player on it (no cable, but I barely watch anything on TV anyway, so NBD).  I put a couple of framed photographs on it.  Also not pictured is my big Rubbermaid container full of my yarn stash (which I DESPERATELY need to weed through -- that will happen soon).

So that's my new room!  I'm pretty happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment