Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yarn Along -- September 14, 2011

I haven't participated in a Yarn Along in several months.  And this is why:


Yeah.  Same damn socks.  Although this is a change, since for the past month or so I've been churning out baby hats.  But I'm done with the baby hats (for now) so we're back to the socks.  Which will be finished.  Eventually.
They are still made from STR Socks that Rock Lightweight in "Cattywhompus".  

For my book, I am reading Shogun by James Clavell -- actually a re-read (I read it for the first time when I was 20 or so).  This book is fantastic.  If you like historical fiction and Japanese culture, this is the book for you.  It's long -- 1200+ pages -- and some parts of it can be a little dry, but really, it's fantastic.  The miniseries starring Richard Chamberlain is all kinds of wonderful as well.  I admit that even though he's gay, I still have a little crush on Richard Chamberlain.

From yourtrailer.net
 In other news, I turned 28 on Monday, and it was more or less a good day.  Granted, I had work in the morning (boo) but other than that, it was very laid-back and relaxed.  I'm not really a "birthday-party" sort of person, and spending the day with my husband, picking apples at the local orchard and eating fantastic Thai food was pretty much exactly how I wanted to spend my first day being 28.

If you live in CT and you like inexpensive, delicious Thai food, this is a great place to go for it:

From Patch.com
I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend the multiple gift cards I received from my parents and Christina for my birthday.  I need to buy a bathing suit before we go on the cruise in January, so I'm thinking that's where some of the money is going to go.  Three months, three weeks, and a few days to go!  I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. LOL my first thought was "he's gay?!" LOL I am sure someone told me at some time, I just conveniently forget those things ;)
    And my last yarn along was months back too... and I JUST finished the sock I started back in February!! (I feel your pain ;))

    ReplyDelete