Monday, January 2, 2012

Good morning, 2012

It is difficult to believe that it is already January 2012, that the new year has begun.  Wasn't it just 2000 yesterday?  Can it really have been 12 years since then?  But it must have been, since I was 16 then, and I am 28 now.  Time really does fly as you get older.

I rang in the New Year without my husband, for the first time since we met in 2008.  He was (of course) working, his NYE shift from 4 PM - 12 AM, and came home fifteen minutes after midnight for a belated New Year's kiss.  We stayed awake until 2:30 AM with a ton of friends (and alcohol), and I got very little sleep (since those same friends woke us up at 7:30 AM the next day).  Yesterday was spent recovering, with chicken soup and the Patriots/Bills game, knitting, and reading.

My Jaywalker socks are coming along splendidly.  I'm almost ready to begin the heel flap.  

As for reading, I have to take a moment of silence for my big, beautiful 2011 Goodreads badge, which read "Congratulations!  You have completed your goal of 100 books for 2011" for only forty-eight hours before being deleted and replaced by a 2012 "You have completed 0 books" badge.  I'm a little sad, I was hoping to keep a record of that glorious achievement.  But we must look forward and not back, correct?  My first book of the year is -- what else? -- Tatiana and Alexander, the sequel to The Bronze Horseman (review here).  So far, I like it just as much as TBH, although it's much different -- mainly told is flashback style, and much more about Alexander's story, which I think is infinitely more interesting than Tatiana's.  I have a feeling I'm going to need to download The Summer Garden, the final book in the trilogy, before this upcoming week.

Speaking of!  David and I are leaving on our first cruise (and first vacation since our honeymoon in November of '10) on January 8th!  We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale, then cruising from Miami to Key West and Cozumel.  I can't wait to go, a whole seven days off from work for both of us will be absolutely delicious, and just the thing before I start school on January 18th (I can't believe how fast that's coming up, I have to buy books this afternoon, ugh). 

So many things coming up in 2012.  I'm going to try and enjoy them all.  Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment