Saturday, January 21, 2012

(Mildly) Productive Saturday (including firespinning pictures)

Today was one of those "barely" productive days. I did manage to tidy my yarn stash, do the dishes, straighten the den, etc.  I managed to do some homework before my sister arrived.  Apparently the roads weren't plowed well (she was en route from a friend's house to our parents'), and she's now staying here for the night.  I don't mind; David's working until midnight and having someone here is a nice change from the way I normally spend my evenings alone.

We spent the evening last night at Matt and Marcy's, at a spin jam.  In the winter, those are referred to as "freezer burns".  We didn't last long outside.  It was about 20 degrees out and you can't really spin in heavy gear or with gloves on, so most of us were pretty frozen.



I think this one looks very "Abbey Road."  It's Matt with his poi.



Jim breathing fire.



Dave doing isolations on his hands with fire staff.  This was a second attempt to catch this picture.  The first time, he dropped the staff.  Matt and Joe yelled out simultaneously "Do it again, only less shit!"  (Note: with the exception of "Are you going to Wildfire?" I've never heard anyone say the things in that video, or have those pretentious voices.  Spinners, at least the ones I know, are way cooler and nicer than those people.)



Joe, being awesome.  This was after I figured out how to photograph moving flames.  I'm an idiot.

No pictures of me this time.  David only took two, and neither of them came out clearly.  Oh well.  It was way too cold to be sitting outside for more than half an hour, so we ended up going in the house, drinking coffee, eating brownies, telling bad jokes, and chatting about weddings (Lyndsey and Joe got engaged on New Year's and they're planning their wedding for summer '13).

Anyway.  This is what I'm dealing with in trying to do my homework.



Sorry, Ollie.  That type of distraction is why I haven't graduated yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment