Monday, June 6, 2011

FO: Yet Another Baby Hat

I'm finished with the LAST baby hat (so far) this year, and excited about doing grown-up projects for now.  There's David's sweater, and the Lady Bertram shawl...and a new sock...But today I have the FO entry for yet another baby hat (you guys are going to think that's all I can do!).


This hat started out as a unisex hat, until last Wednesday when we found out that the expected baby was going to be a boy.  There was a little pink in this yarn, but the mama didn't mind a bit when I gave it to her yesterday.


Yarn is Manos del Uraguay Silk Blend in color 3019 Dove.  It's mainly a nice ivory tone with a little pink and a lot of green.  I love this color and the yarn, although it is not exactly baby-friendly.  What mom wants to spot clean or hand-wash?  I certainly wouldn't make a sweater or a jumper out of this.  But a hat somehow seems okay.  





As for wrapping, I took an idea from the fabulous Grumperina and made a swing tag for the hat, which included yarn content and washing instructions.  

The hat seemed to be a hit at the baby shower yesterday.  But for now I am done knitting little things.  I have a hankering for a bigger, more substantial project.  Like David's sweater.  But as the sweater is now becoming to hot to do in a place devoid of A/C, I started a pair of socks.

And I can't put Divergent down.  It is becoming a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment