Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yarn Along! June 8th, '11 edition

Ginny over at Small Things is hosting her weekly Yarn Along, celebrating reading and knitting (her two favorite things -- as well as mine!).  This week, I'm finally showing something new.


And it's NOT a baby item!

With all the baby knitting finally off the needles, I'm knitting something grown-up (well, sort of; don't let the color fool you).  This is a sock (56 stitches on US 2 needles) made of Socks that Rock Lightweight in Cattywhompus.  This is my first time using STR lightweight, and I LOVE IT.  I'm definitely going to be buying more of this yarn in the future.  Best of all, it's not splitty.  I hate splitty yarn when I'm knitting socks.

I'm reading Shine by Lauren Myracle, the story of a small town's reaction to the brutal assault of a teenager.  It's good.  Not grabbing me in like Divergent did, unfortunately...but you can't win 'em all.  It's still good.

6 comments:

  1. I like the colour! I would wear it.. not babyish at all ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked around your blog and we read a lot of the same books. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name of that yarn!

    I have a few BMFA Socks that Rocks in the stash. I think some sock knitting may be in my future, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colorway of the sock yarn is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colours are lovely! Great knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that yarn is so nice! They will be the funnest socks

    ReplyDelete