Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yarn Along! June 1st Edition

Happy June!  Memorial Day weekend is throwing off my whole schedule -- in a good way!  I keep thinking that it's earlier in the week than it is (I will totally accept that).  I even forgot that today was Yarn Along day!


The parade of baby hats continues!  This is five of five -- the last baby hat (at least for awhile, thankfully -- I almost wrote "baby hate" and that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about baby garments right now).  At least hats go quickly.  The yarn is some Manos del Uraguay Silk Blend (70% merino, 30% silk) in 3019 Dove colorway.  I love it, it's so soft and squishy!  Perfect for a baby.

I'm waiting on one of my book clubs to come to a decision about what the June pick is going to be, so after finishing a book last night, I picked up one that I've read quite a few times, but that I love -- Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier.  I read this for the first time in the summer of '04, between my junior and senior years of college, and I fell in love with it.  It's a great piece of historical fiction that I highly recommend.

This is going to be a rare two-post day, since I just finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter and want to give it justice with a full review.  Look for another post later!

3 comments:

  1. OH! I am loving that yarn, I bet it is heavenly to work with :D I have not read that book. I need to put it on "the list"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is beautiful and perfect for a tiny little baby head. I also love GWAPE and I think I read it at about the same time in my life...around my senior year of college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that book a few years ago! I do enjoy historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete