Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yarn Along! June 15, 2011

Every week, I participate in the Yarn Along over at Ginny's blog, small things.  This week, I'm still waiting on a shipment of books that I ordered from Amazon, but I'm still keeping busy!


Look, it's an almost-finished sock!  I am LOVING Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight.  I bought this skein from WEBS in Northampton, MA, back before Christmas, and it is seriously a treat to knit up.  It's going super fast, and I'm hoping to start the other one today.  

While I'm waiting for my books to come, I'm treating myself to one of my favorite books, and my favorite biography of all time, The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir.  For the Tudor fanatic, this book is PHENOMENAL.  It reads, in parts, like a novel instead of a biography, and the detailing in research is fantastic.  This was my first Alison Weir read, and it is by far my favorite.

Tonight: Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.  David and I are cheering on Boston (of course).  Hoping for a win!

8 comments:

  1. I have that book, thanks for reminding me! Yarn Along is really the best for rediscovering books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard legendary things about that yarn! What a treat to knit with it! That books sounds like great fun. I love historical pieces like that, and could spend hours buried in a book like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I think my post disappeared. Your yarn is lovely and I am going to have to put that book on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for an almost finished sock. I gave up on the ones from a few posts back... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're cheering for Boston too :)
    Yay for your sock! Someday I hope to attmept socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking sock! I just finished some baby ones and have plans for a pair for the hubs for Christmas...

    http://worldofwiedz.blogspot.com/2011/06/yarn-along_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the book recommendation! Sounds interesting. Your sock looks so nice, I think I might have to start one soon.

    ReplyDelete