Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Read, Knit, Bake: Banana Bread

Occasionally, I like to try my hand at cooking.  I'm not a great cook, or even really a decent one, by any stretch of the imagination...but I like to bake.  And my husband likes baked items of all kinds.  Last week, when he was away visiting a friend in MA, I thought I'd try my hand at making banana bread.

I have always considered myself anti-banana bread.  This was mainly because I've never had banana bread that didn't include walnuts.  No offense to the walnut-lovers out there, but I am not a fan.  I think they taste like dirt.  But we had several overripe bananas in our fruit bowl last week...and David loves banana bread the same way I love chocolate...so I found a recipe online sans walnuts, and I gave it a whirl.

And I discovered that I actually LOVE banana bread, when it doesn't include walnuts.  Poor David wasn't quick enough, and I ended up eating about half of the loaf myself for various breakfasts last week.  I'm sure he's learned and will be quicker with this batch.

I used this recipe to make my bread.  It comes out really moist, and yes, for you walnut fans, I'm sure it tastes just as good (to you) if you throw in a cup of walnuts.  Right now my kitchen smells like deliciousness, vanilla, and bananas, and I can't wait to have a slice for breakfast tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. We are providing easy and simple tricks to make your homemade recipes more delicious and attractive. To know more about How to make Delicious Recipes and make your recipes more interesting please visit How to make Delicious food


    chicken recipes, pork chop recipes There are numerous plans which can be set up with chicken recipes and are very simple to make also. Chicken is such a flexible meat, that there are various chicken fans far and wide. There is no compelling reason to stress each night what to prepare for supper since you can make various flavorful plans utilizing chicken. meatball recipe, pork tenderloin recipes

    ReplyDelete