Thursday, July 14, 2011

Early birthday present

My birthday is September 12th (little bitta trivia for you there).  My wonderful husband, David, decided to buy my birthday present two months early.  He bought it -- or should I say, them -- today:

These are Passion Fire Fans, from Fire Mecca.  I've been borrowing fans from my good friend Lyndsey when we go to spin jams together, and now I'm going to have my own pair!  I'm so excited.  I don't know how I'm going to wait the five days it's going to take for them to ship.  

Even more exciting, I'll have them in time for Wildfire Retreat in August!  It will by first one ever, and David's too.  I mainly do fire fans and I'm planning on taking classes in fire hoop and poi.  David is getting really good at fire staff, and he wants to learn poi as well.  We've been practicing spinning for about two months now, but we have friends who have been firespinning for at least a decade.  We're learning from some of the best :)

(Really terrible picture of my first time using fire fans.  I assure you, I have gotten better since then.)

(David's first attempts at fire staff.  He too has improved, way more than I have!)

Five days isn't that long, right?  And I have a lot to look forward this to this weekend.  I'm seeing my friend Kim for the first time since David's birthday two months ago, and we're going to fireworks on Saturday night (can't wait!).  And...yeah that's probably it.  My life is nothing if not dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment