Thursday, January 27, 2011

Currently Thursday (Jan. 27, 2011)

Sorry for my lack of update.  Too much snow + too many long books I'm trying to attempt at once + 1 broken camera does not = great blog fodder.  So since it's Thursday, and the snow is currently up to my knees outside (and that's in the non-drifting areas), I'll post some currents.

Currently Feeling...pretty damn tired!  I woke up this morning to the huge amount of snow we had outside, and would have liked nothing better than to crawl back under the nice warm blankets into bed (which today was occupied by my husband, since he's off work, the lucky dog).  Instead, I showered, dressed, and went outside...to face the insane mounds of snow, mostly covering my car.  It took me, David (after I unfortunately had to wake him up to help), and our nice downstairs neighbor to dig out the car and get me on my way.  Got all the way into work...and realized that I was completely SOL.  We weren't plowed out.  But I had to get to work...so I drove home, got David to drive me in, and waded through the snow to my office.  And here I am.

Currently Reading...Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  I decided to read a snippet of it on Kindle, and see if I liked it.  I liked it enough to pay for the full download (this is only the second Kindle book I've paid for, usually I go for the free ones).  Unfortunately, with work, snow, and everything else being what it is, I haven't had too much time for reading, and I'm only at 11% (according to the Kindle).  It's a historical fiction novel about a former World War II nurse, Englishwoman Claire Randall, who on a second honeymoon to Scotland with her husband when she is mysteriously thrown back in time two hundred years and finds herself an "outlander" in the midst of a Scottish/English war.  I really think I will get into it....when I get a chance to read it.

Currently Knitting...the Bella Baby Bonnet (Ravelry link) from The Knitter's Book of Wool by Clara Parkes.  I like this book; it was a gift from my brother-in-law last Christmas.  It's a good background of the wool industry and an introduction into working with fibers other than merino.  After finishing Saroyan (still unblocked, pictures forthcoming), I still had a rather large amount of Socks That Rock Heavyweight left over, in the "Rose Quartz" colorway.  Definitely enough to make a cute little pink bonnet for whenever a baby girl decides to make an appearance in this family.  It's largely quick, easy work; I started the bonnet two days ago while David was at his EMT class, and I'm at the short rows now.  If David has class tonight (which is anyone's guess), I'll probably be able to make some more headway on it.  I need to pick up some pins so I can block Saroyan...hopefully I'll get to that this weekend and my first lace project(!) will be ready for its big unveiling!

Currently Thinking...that it is so quiet here (except for the sound of plows going outside), and I really, really want to go back home and change out of my wet clothes, snuggle down with some knitting and Outlander...and really relax.  At least the weekend is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment