Saturday, March 5, 2011

FO: Simple Newborn Hat with a Touch of Lace

Finally, after what feels like forever, I finally have a finished knitted object to show you.






Pattern: A Simple Newborn Hat with a Touch of Lace by Ginny at small things.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in 03 (Baby Green), less than 1 skein.
Needles: US 3's, circulars and 1 set of 4 dpns.

As I've mentioned before, there will be three babies born this year in my family by marriage, and this baby hat is for one of them.  The green is so soft that it is a neutral color, I have made boy baby hats before of it.  This is also for the head of a newborn boy; I am hoping that the tiny bit of lace is enough that it won't make the parents immediately think "girl baby" -- I know I wouldn't.  It's very small, in that adorable "everything to fit a baby is small" way.  I can't wait to make one for a baby of my own!





It was a quick and easy pattern; I fretted endlessly about not having enough yarn to finish the hat, and I finished with about 15 yards to spare.  I love this pattern and this yarn, and I'll be using both again.

No comments:

Post a Comment