Sunday, March 20, 2011

With spring comes exciting news!

Happy Spring!  I have never felt so happy to say those two words!  It really does feel like this past year was the cruelest, coldest winter ever.  And even though we in Connecticut are due for not one, but TWO snowstorms again this week (*sigh*), today's date is the death-knell for winter 2010 - 2011.  It is ALMOST OVER.

And with the death of winter, to the B household, came an email.  Our landlord will meet with David on Friday, take our security deposit and first months' rent...and the apartment is OURS.  We can then go in any day we like, and move in on April 1st.

So painting and redecorating will commence next weekend.  We're moving in to our new apartment a week from this Friday!

It's coming at just the right time, too, because I have had it with this place.  The small space, the cramped quarters, the bumping into each other constantly.  It's not easy being married in two and a half rooms.  Soon we'll have SIX rooms to spread out in, and move about, and decorate!  I can't even imagine having that much space right now.  I am so excited about it.

Life seems very good right now.  I started Weight Watchers this past week, and so far have stuck to it very well (even on St. Pat's, which was quite difficult!).  I've also gone to the gym three days this past week, and biked a total of 41.39 miles and 115 minutes (1 hour, 55 minutes) on the stationary bike this week.  That is now my base goal -- this upcoming week I will try to bike for at least 20 hours and try for 50 miles.  It can only go up from here!  I also have to pick up a scale, so I can weigh in once a week.  I'm supposed to weigh in on Monday, but I don't have a scale right now.  Other than my WiiFit one, and I hate getting on that thing.  Ugh.  It just goes "ooooh" like an elephant is getting on it.  Demoralizing!

And it may snow tomorrow, but as for today, I will spend the afternoon outside, and enjoy this fleeting glimpse of Spring.  It's almost here.  You can smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment