Friday, December 9, 2011

Day Zero Task Accomplished -- Support an Independent Artist!

I started my Day Zero list on November 1st, like everyone else.  I have two things down so far, but it's going to take me until next weekend to update the first one, because I've forgotten the name of the wine that I found I liked.  Today I'm going to talk about my second thing crossed off the list:

Support an Independent Artist

I'd like to think that this counts, even if it's only a small purchase, but this is an artist whose progress I've been following for several years, and even though it's been a while since I made a purchase from her, I looked on her Etsy page the other day and saw something I just could not resist -- it's going to make a fabulous Christmas present for someone on my list. 

Joy H. created Fabulosity Yarn (Facebook link) as a company to sell her handspun and hand-dyed yarn, as well as other pretty hand-made goodies (such as crocheted and knitted items, hand-painted silk scarves, and felted bags, among other things).  The quality of her items is supreme, and she has since, quite deservedly, taken off in the local market in her home state of Montana.  Here are some pictures of some of the beautiful items that Joy makes.

Copyrighted Fabulosity

Copyrighted Fabulosity
Copyrighted Fabulosity  

And what is the item that I purchased?  This beautiful hand-painted 100% silk scarf, which I think will make a special someone on my Christmas list very happy.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment