Sunday, December 4, 2011

FO: Green winter hat

A good friend of mine has really been there for me when things were tough in the last few months, and Thursday night I finished knitting him his Christmas gift -- a standard knit hat.  The model is my husband, David, who probably wishes this hat was his, as it is one of the warmest and comfiest hats I've ever knitted.  I'm proud of it.


(Sorry, Dave, it's not the most flattering picture ever -- it was getting late at night when I finished and he was pretty tired).

Pattern -- no pattern, just a regular 2x2 rib, then stockinette the rest of the way up.

Yarn -- Trabajos de Peru, one hank, in "camo" (which I think is more green than camo, but whatever).

Needles -- US 8 (5mm), 16" circular.

And a shot from above (the flash makes it look a lot more "camo" than normal):


Still have half a mitt, a hat, and a scarf to go.  We'll see if I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment