Friday, December 2, 2011

Second mitt syndrome

Well, lookit that.  It's a mitt.




Does it look a little small?  It is.  It is for a recipient with much smaller hands than I have, so it should fit her just right (fingers crossed).

The hard thing about knitting things that come in pairs is the feeling that occurs just after you snip the yarn and finish weaving in your last end.  Or right after you put it on, admire it, snap a picture for proof that it's done, or to put on your blog, or to put on Ravelry.  It's that awful moment when you think:

"Crap.  I didn't finish anything.  In fact, I'm only halfway done."

Slightly demoralizing, no?   The Yarn Harlot (one of my favorite bloggers) refers to this as "second mitten (or sock) syndrome", and I appear to be suffering from second mitt syndrome, with the deadline a week away. 

*Sigh*  At least mitts go by fast, right?

The green hat from this week's Yarn Along is done.  FO entry coming when I can be bothered to upload the pictures.  Tonight: Christmas shopping and more knitting.  Hopefully finishing a book while I go.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment