Thursday, December 15, 2011

A "Russian" state of mind

Ten days left until Christmas.  Sixteen days left until the new year.  So 10 knitting days left, 16 reading days left.  Help.

I noticed something over the last few weeks.  A bunch of my hobbies, or what I do in my spare time, seem to be following a similar path.

My reading:

(From left to right: The Romanov Bride, Alexander: The Last Empress, and The Kitchen Boy)

I've been spending some time on this website in an attempt to learn conversation Russian.  (So far, I can say about six words.  Not that great, but I'm still learning!).

I've been working diligently on David's Christmas present (or one of them): a One-Row Handspun Scarf in some yarn that he picked out on our honeymoon in Vieux Montreal last year.  The yarn is Malabrigo Rios (100% merino) in the Pearl Ten colorway...





...which almost perfectly matches my nail lacquer, ironically, OPI's Russian Navy.

The librarian who checked out my books said "That's a good winter theme".  I guess he was right.

Five books to go.  Five.

One knit to go.  One.
Time's a tickin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment