Sunday, November 20, 2011

GSYB Progress Post #1

Just a brief post, because I'm up at my IL's for the weekend (heading home tonight for three days, then back up for Thanksgiving on Wednesday night!), but I wanted to post a picture of my progress on the Giant Sock Yarn Blanket.



This doesn't show the other squares that I have in my bag, finished, but this is the start!  So far, the yarns are (from left to right): Valley Farms Franklin Hand-Dyed in "Blueberry Cobbler", Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Frankenstein's Cotillion", Noro Silk Garden Sock in "112", Dream in Color Knitosophy in "Superhero", Noro Silk Garden Sock in "112", (ditto for the one above it), Lorna's Laces (discontinued yarn -- can't find the ball band), Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Mediumweight in "Rose Quartz", and again, Noro Silk Garden Sock in "112".
The going is slow, because I'm in the midst of holiday knitting so I pick up the blanket in my spare time.  I think I'm going to go for 12 squares per row, and see if that's big enough to suit me.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment