Saturday, November 5, 2011

One

It wasn't always easy.  Sometimes, it was damn hard.

But last night, we went out to dinner at the same restaurant that had our rehearsal dinner at, and toasted to one year of marriage.

A year of ups and downs, of highs and lows, of laughing so hard we cried, and crying so hard that it hurt.  One year of being newlyweds.  One year of learning, of growing, of figuring out who we are.
 
I know more now than I did before.  So does he.  We know better who we are.

"I learned things about myself that I never would have known...it's always better to contend with the known than the unknown.  I love you.  I always have, and I always will.  Remember that." 
-- The Thorn Birds


Here's to one year of marriage in the bank.

And many more fifths of November never to be forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, lady! May you always feel about each other exactly the way you look in that picture.

    ReplyDelete