Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GSYB Update: Thanksgiving Edition

I've unfortunately left my book in the car, so I won't be participating in Yarn Along today.  I also can't show any of the other knitting I'm doing (trust me, there's a lot) because it's all for Christmas or Yule, whichever the intended recipient celebrates.  So you get a Giant Sock Yarn Blanket update.  Aren't you excited?





Even if you aren't, I am!  Because I can no longer sit down at my desk to take a picture of this thing.  It's getting too big.  Sorry about the crappy cell phone quality and the messy desk.  It's Thanksgiving week, what more do you want of me?

(Incidentally, in case anyone cares, the book I'm reading is Time and Chance by Sharon Kay Penman, which is good thus far (about 20 pages in) but which I completely reserve the right to abandon., at least for the foreseeable future. I've 13 books left to read to reach 100 (I still have to blog one) and time is running short.  It's already November 23rd.  Eek.

There will be very little time for either reading or knitting today.  I'm going to my parents' house after work, for our traditional pie baking while listening to Christmas music (David is coming, but intends to nap, since he had to get up at an ungodly hour this morning for work).  Baking will be followed by a dinner of my mom's fried dough, and then we'll be off to Massachusetts to spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment