Thursday, November 10, 2011

The never-ending project

For some reason, summer always stunts my knitting mojo.  I stop knitting for months, and then, like clockwork, right as it gets cold, right before Christmas or so, something in me snaps and I suddenly am on the bring of frothing at the mouth over beautiful yarns, clicking needles, ambitious projects.  I do my best knitting in winter, right before the Christmas deadline (kind of like in high school where I wrote my best papers five hours before they were due).

Anyway.  I'm rambling.  Check this out:


Well, yay.  It's a square.
To be more precise, it's a mitered square (my first one, btw, which is why it looks a little lopsided and funky...though that may be because it has yet to be blocked), made from Noro Silk Garden Sock (color #252?  I think?  It's been awhile and I lost the tag), knit on US 3 dpn's.  

What is it going to be?  Can you guess?

Hopefully, one day, that little square will be part of this:  The Giant Sock Yarn Blankie.

Because I knit a lot of socks, I have a lot of sock yarn scraps.  I'm excited to make them all into the little mitered squares that make up this blanket.  It is going to take YEARS, I know.  That little square up there?  Is about 2 inches by 2 inches.  TINY.  But quick!  I made it in about an hour.  

So this isn't a project I can be monogamous with (sorry, Blankie).  It'll be something that I work on here and there, and hopefully (with any luck) complete one day.

On to square #2...


No comments:

Post a Comment