Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along! (11/16/2011)

It's been a really long time since I've participated in a Yarn Along over on Ginny's blog.  But today I'm going to!  I've been rolling out the Christmas/Yule knitting, and I have some WIPs today that I'm photographing.


To the left, you see the ETERNAL socks that I've been working on for-freakin'-ever...but they are mere rows away from slapping a toe on them and being done done DONE.  The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in "Cattywhompus".  Knit on US 2 dpns, they are coming out far too small for my own size 9.5 feet...but they will be a Yule gift for a dear friend of mine who has tiny feet that they will fit.  I think she'll love the color scheme as well.

To the right is the humble beginnings of The Giant Sock Yarn Blankie.  There are five squares knit together, but I have two more in my bag that I've put on hold for now, since I'm doing the Christmas knitting.  I have several other gifts I have to do, so I'm doing pretty much a square a day or less for now.  But I discovered a whole bunch more of sock yarn in my stash, so I'm going to be knitting on this quite a lot, I think, over the next few months.  It never seems to get old.

As for my book, I'm reading A Man For All Seasons, by Robert Bolt.  It is a play about Saint Thomas More, the chancellor and statesman under Henry VIII, during the last few years of his life.  It's very good so far -- I'm almost halfway through -- and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm nearly finished with my eternal socks too ;) Love the colours of your yarn, what a lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete